Hello everyone!!! Please ignore this video until you finish the post! DON'T CLICK PLAY...yet!
Before I get into my main topic... I wanted to fill you in on what I've been doing!
Just wanted to reassure everyone.... I'M STILL ALIVE. ;) I haven't posted in.... GASP!.... over a month?! How could that be?! Whoa. Anyway, my life has been overwhelmingly busy with school, showchoir, school, showchoir, school... you get the idea. :) I've had four major showchoir competitions in the last two months, and tons of extra practices.
That brings me to what I'll be talking about today... SHOWCHOIR. It's about the coolest thing in the world. Now, a lot of you might not even know that it exists! (Ok people. This isn't the Glee-type of 'showchoir' that I'm talking about. Glee is a very unrealistic example of showchoir... totally not what it is!) Anywho, I'll answer a few questions you guys might have about it...
That brings me to what I'll be talking about today... SHOWCHOIR. It's about the coolest thing in the world. Now, a lot of you might not even know that it exists! (Ok people. This isn't the Glee-type of 'showchoir' that I'm talking about. Glee is a very unrealistic example of showchoir... totally not what it is!) Anywho, I'll answer a few questions you guys might have about it...
SO WHAT IS SHOWCHOIR ANYWAY?!
Showchoir is like choir... but not. It's like a dance team... but totally not. It's a mixture of both singing AND dancing! :D It's amazing. We don't do kickline dancing like a dance team does, nor do we stand still and have a director directing our singing like a choir does. We're moving and grooving along to the music AS we sing. And this isn't just jazz hands, folks. This is full out arms-and-legs choreography! It's about the greatest thing ever. :)
Here are some of the some is and is-not's of showchoir...
SHOWCHOIR....
... isn't exactly like a sport. It's an extracurricular activity that goes ALL YEAR LONG. Oh yes. But it's the best way possible I could think of spending my year. It's still possible for kids to be both in showchoir and sports, but it can be hard sometimes with conflicting practices.
...usually has junior varsity and varsity level groups, just like sports. There are typically 2 showchoir groups per school. I'm on the varsity team at my school! You do have to audition for the groups but it really isn't that bad.
....competes a fairly small amount of times a year. It depends on which showchoir you're in, some showchoirs go to more competitions than others. In mine, we compete four times. The competitions are so much fun.
....is full of really really really nice kids. I've met so many nice people in showchoir. At competitions I make tons of new friends, in my group I've met so many great people, and just everywhere. It's so nice to be in an environment filled with people that care about you.
...practices 3-5 times a week. In my group, we typically practice 3 times a week, for two hour practices each time. Sometimes we'll do 4 practices though, especially around competition season.
...is all about singing and dancing, but it's also about costumes and hair and makeup! (you knew that was coming, didn't ya? ;) It's so much fun. My typical showchoir hair is bouncy ringlet curls (yes, I have to sleep in curlers the night before performing. Ick.). Nevertheless, it's so much fun to get dolled up!
...for me, showchoir isn't all about winning. It's just like an other sport or activity. You want to win, but you mainly just want to do your very best. You want to leave that stage with no regrets, knowing that you tried your hardest and performed your heart out. You want to leave that place knowing that you left everything you had up on that stage.
So NOW maybe you know a little more about showchoir than you did before!
NOW you can finally watch the video above. It is a video of one of my FAVORITE showchoirs ever, they're called the Totino-Grace "Company of Singers." We competed at their school last weekend, and I just love them. They are truly amazing. So I thought I'd show you a video of them to give you a better example of what showchoir is!
[SO, WATCH IT ALREADY! ;) ]
I hope that you've learned a little about one of my passions today. Showchoir is awesome, and I would be so bored without it!
Please please PLEASE tell me what you think. What did you think of the video? Did you know about showchoir in the first place? Are YOU in a showchoir group? Is there one at your school or in your town? Anyway, I just want to hear from you guys! :) Love you all!!!
....is full of really really really nice kids. I've met so many nice people in showchoir. At competitions I make tons of new friends, in my group I've met so many great people, and just everywhere. It's so nice to be in an environment filled with people that care about you.
...practices 3-5 times a week. In my group, we typically practice 3 times a week, for two hour practices each time. Sometimes we'll do 4 practices though, especially around competition season.
...is all about singing and dancing, but it's also about costumes and hair and makeup! (you knew that was coming, didn't ya? ;) It's so much fun. My typical showchoir hair is bouncy ringlet curls (yes, I have to sleep in curlers the night before performing. Ick.). Nevertheless, it's so much fun to get dolled up!
...for me, showchoir isn't all about winning. It's just like an other sport or activity. You want to win, but you mainly just want to do your very best. You want to leave that stage with no regrets, knowing that you tried your hardest and performed your heart out. You want to leave that place knowing that you left everything you had up on that stage.
So NOW maybe you know a little more about showchoir than you did before!
NOW you can finally watch the video above. It is a video of one of my FAVORITE showchoirs ever, they're called the Totino-Grace "Company of Singers." We competed at their school last weekend, and I just love them. They are truly amazing. So I thought I'd show you a video of them to give you a better example of what showchoir is!
[SO, WATCH IT ALREADY! ;) ]
I hope that you've learned a little about one of my passions today. Showchoir is awesome, and I would be so bored without it!
Please please PLEASE tell me what you think. What did you think of the video? Did you know about showchoir in the first place? Are YOU in a showchoir group? Is there one at your school or in your town? Anyway, I just want to hear from you guys! :) Love you all!!!

Hi! i totally know what you mean about being so busy and everything, it happened to me last May. :) i have never heard of showchoir, but it looks amazing! It's great that that's your passion! :D Looks like you have a lot of fun!
ReplyDeletewelcome back! haha ;)
love.sarahlynn