1.29.2011

it's been way too long. {plus an award!}

Mood: Tired. Lazy. Relaxed.
Listening to:Stay by MoZella. (Thank you Pandora, for introducing me to this lovely girl.) 
Quotelove: We must be the change we want to see. ~Mahatma Ghandi 

Ahhhh, hello my readers! (If I actually have any left...) January has been the busiest month everrrrr. Really. This month has been chock full of showchoir, finals for school, and random busy-ness. I went to Marion, Iowa for a showchoir competition two weekends ago, and we got 3rd runner up (better than we usually do at our first competition!) so I'm stoked for our next competitions. :)

Anyway, it's a new semester for school now and I've got all new classes! Choir, biology, world history, and AP English. Exciting, right? :P Kidding. My day is now a million times more boring than before. YEP. Sweet. Hahaha.

I apologize deeply for this extremely lame post. Maybe I'll spice it up with a giveaway sometime soon? :)

I was given an award by the lovely Danielle from "My Paper Heart"! Seriously, I wish I could blog like her. Her pictures and posts are amazing. :) But I'll gratefully accept the award!


Here are the rules for accepting this award: 
1.) First, thank and link back to the person that gave the award.
2.) Answer the 10 survey questions- Please see below!
3.) Pass the award to other bloggers who you think are fantastic!
4.) Contact the other bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award.
----------------------------------------------------------
The survey questions...
1.) If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?  
Well I do sort of blog anonymously on a blog of mine that is meant for family and friends. That doesn't really count though, does it? And Sophie technically isn't my real name, so that's sort of anonymous? :) 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.) Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
Too many times! :P But I always like to be right, so I often try to convince people that I am... It gets bad when I'm in a position where I totally get proved wrong and I look dumb. EMBARRASSING! :) 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
3.) Who do you see when you look in the mirror? 
I see me, average teenage girl. A creation of God. Many a time I won't like what reflects in the mirror, but I'm continuing every day to accept the way God made me. He doesn't make mistakes, and I'm learning to accept it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4.) What's your favorite summer cold drink?
By far, LEMONADE! Best drink ever. Tart and tangy, I could slurp it up all day longggg. :) I like the pink kind too! Seriously though. I heart it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
5.) When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Really, I haven't had much time for myself lately, and this weekend I get to take advantage of it! But what do I do? I wear comfy duds... pj's, sweatshirt, sweatpants, and the like... I sit in bed and read... I text my buddies... I go on Facebook... I try to blog... Watch movies... Listen to music... Paint my nails... Just little, relaxing things like that. :) 
----------------------------------------------------------------
6.) Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? 
Oh boy. Well I haven't really accomplished much yet. I'm still in high school for Pete's sake! :P But my first accomplishment this year will be to get my driver's liscense! :P And then graduating high school, then college, and eventually getting married and raising a family! I want the life that you dream of when you're five... finding your Prince Charming and living happily ever after.... :) 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
7.) When you attended school, were you the class clown, the shy person, or the always ditching?
As I said before... I'm still in high school. So this still applies to me! :) Anyway, I've always be labeled the "goody goody" and the "shy one," and I don't typically like being labeled as shy. I'm really wild and crazy around my friends, but I am typically pretty reserved when meeting new people.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
*I skipped number 8 because I didn't know what the question meant?* Haha. Danielle skipped this too, so I don't really know what question 8 really was in the first place! :P 
------------------------------------------------------------------
9.) Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?
I admit. It can be REALLY hard for me to be myself sometimes. I'm getting better at it. Sometimes its difficult to put the feelings of your jumbled, mixed up heart into the perfect words. But like I said... I'm working on it. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
10.) If you had a choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you choose and why?
Oh. my. gosh. That's extremely hard. Well I really don't know! Because I love talking to my friends on the phone. But also, I love chilling with a good book in my bed. So to be completely, utterly honest, I'm not sure!

OKAY! Well that was fun! :D Now to award some fabulous bloggers! :) 
Drum roll please....
and Makay!

Your blogs are absolutely AWESOME!! :) I do wish I could award every blog I read.... sigh...! But I hope you girls enjoy answering the all the questions (I sure did!) and remember-- don't forget to link back if you do it! ;) Love every one of you! :)
Sophie

5 comments:

  1. aw, thanks for the award sophie! i'll do it when i'm done being grounded :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're back!! I was wondering where you went ;) I love that quote! :)

    hope life slows down a bit for you so you can blog more ;P

    much love,
    Samarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for doing it! I think you are a fabulous blogger!
    Thank you for the sweet compliment. :)
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so feel free to leave them! Please keep them clean, though.