6.27.2011

miscellany monday.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
1.) The Big Picture
Some of you may be thinking, what in the world is she talking about? Well, The Big Picture is the amazing 3rd book in the series "A Katie Parker Production" by the wonderful Jenny B. Jones. 
 
 
 Seriously ya'll, if you haven't read this series, you should. They are fantastic books, the kind that make you want to stay up all night and see what happens. Another thing that makes them interesting is that I can relate to the main character Katie, in some ways.. I mean, not in all ways of course (that'd just be weird. hah!), but there are always a few little things you can relate to in a book that makes reading it more interesting. 
 
2.) Rain rain, go away...
via
I know, I know... rain can be a very good thing. And sometimes, well, most of the time, I enjoy it! It's beautiful, hearing it patter on your windows make you feel cozy, and the smell of it after you step outside is so fresh and lovely. BUT. It's summer. And we have had pure rainy, gloomy, terrible days for about the last 2-3 weeks. (Okay, we've had like 2 nice and sunny days. The rest are disgusting.) I just want my summer!!!! Before I know it, my summer will be gone and I'll have to go back to school, and oh, I bet the sun will come out then. Right when I HAVE to leave... great. Haha sorry for my ranting. ;) But hopefully God will let the sun shine down on us for like the next two full months! :) 

3.) H&M
Best. Store. Ever. It's so elegant and glam, with actually really good deals. When I went to the Mall of America about a month ago, they have a nice-sized H&M store there... it was amazing. And now I want some more summery styles for my closet, so I'm looking online! :D I looove that store. Isn't it adorable?!

via
via
4.) Adele. 
Only the most soulful, amazing, beautiful, heartfelt singer from Britain.
Why is it that Britain always gets all the talent?! ;)
via
 She is literally my favorite singer right now. I love listening to an artist who is just purely talented, not filled with auto-tune and fake beats. And that is Adele, completely. She puts her heart and soul into her singing, and you sure can tell! That's what I love about her. I have both of her CD's and they are sheer loveliness.

5.) Good finds at Goodwill!
So the other day, my mom was going to stop into Goodwill... she likes to see what good deals you can find. Because ya know, you can actually surprisingly good, name brand, brand new clothing, furniture, books and stuff there. But anyway, usually I just stay in the car.. but I decided to go in. I'm glad I did. So I had been reading Chad Eastham's book "Guys are Waffles, Girls are Spaghetti" (a friend lent it to me..) and I loved it! He was such an interesting writer and kept me interested the whole book. And I wanted to read some more books of his, particularly his book "Guys Like Girls Who..." Anyway, guess what was on the shelf? Yep, you know it.. the book that I was looking for! And at that, only $1.49! 
 
 
 Then, I also found 2 books of the Sierra Jensen series by Robin Jones Gunn! (They were like the 3-books-in-1-huge-book type of deal, if you know what I mean?) I was so happy because I am currently into the Christy Miller series of hers, and I can't wait to get into Sierra's! They were only $2 each, and very good condition.... yay! :)
 
 
Wow, you can get such good deals at Goodwill. Maybe I'll go in more often now... ;)
 
Sophie

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you found some really good deals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought the cutest little dress from H&M today. FIVE EUROS. That translates to about $7.50. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love comments, so feel free to leave them! Please keep them clean, though.