Have you ever heard Natalie Grant's song, "Wonderful Life"? It's a great song. I love the chorus....
"Everything's all right
Cause all we've ever needed
Is the perfect day to be alive
So no more waiting now
For a wonderful life
'Cause it's a wonderful life right now."
Isn't that true? Sometimes you just need to let go of the negatives, even just for a day, and just soak in how blessed you really are. Everything is in God's mighty hands, so we don't need to worry, waiting for life to be "perfect". I think oftentimes we don't realize how good our lives really are. I mean, just because our lives don't always go the way we want them to, if you really think about it, we truly are living a wonderful life. I mean, God's blessed us with homes, great families, clothes, food, and more than enough for us to get by. I know we all just have those days when it seems like nothing goes right. But if you think about it, there are actually blessings given to us daily that we tend to overlook. Think about it. There are plenty of little blessings that occur in our daily lives that we don't consider... like...
~Hearing a baby giggle
~Feeling the cool, gentle breeze on a hot day
~Recieving a hug from a little kid
~Reading a really meaningful Bible verse
~Having a really good conversation your best friend
~Tasting a really delicious juicy strawberry
~Seeing the smile on someone's face when you do a kind deed for them
I challenge you to, every day, when you are about to go to bed, name 4 or 5 positive things or blessings that you experienced that day. I mean, you could even just acknowledge how beautiful the trees are, or how good you felt when you helped out an elderly neighbor. Those positive, little things are like mini-gifts that God loves to give to us.
~Hearing a baby giggle
~Feeling the cool, gentle breeze on a hot day
~Recieving a hug from a little kid
~Reading a really meaningful Bible verse
~Having a really good conversation your best friend
~Tasting a really delicious juicy strawberry
~Seeing the smile on someone's face when you do a kind deed for them
I challenge you to, every day, when you are about to go to bed, name 4 or 5 positive things or blessings that you experienced that day. I mean, you could even just acknowledge how beautiful the trees are, or how good you felt when you helped out an elderly neighbor. Those positive, little things are like mini-gifts that God loves to give to us.
Well, my lovely blog sisters, it's a "perfect day to be alive"!!! Have a wonderful Friday! :)
I wholeheartedly agree, Sophie! Sometimes we just get so focused on what goes wrong in our lives that we miss what God's put right in front of us:). Now I need to go look up that song!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! And such a good measage and so true we take waaay too many things for granted that we are blessed with! :)
ReplyDeleteCute blog :)
-mikayla
thank you so much for following me! you're really awesome :)
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog. I found out about it on Bess' Bag. The design is adorable! Just dropped by to say hi.