I want to go.
Where do I want to go? Hamburg.
Hamburg, Germany.
Why is this? Well.... it all started in my Spanish 1 class at the beginning of last school year. I met a girl who was at my school as a foreign exchange student from Germany. She was so sweet. We talked in that class and got to know each other better, and I knew her host family from my church, so I soon invited her to a little gathering with all my friends. We hit it off perfectly. It was so much fun hanging out with her. Soon, we became closer and closer, best friends. We had the best times together, I knew that I was going to be heartbroken when she had to return back to her home country.
My German best friend flies out of America today. Actually, she's in the air as we speak. And now, I know that feeling. The feeling of absence. The feeling of sadness. It's almost as if a part of me is gone. The worst part is, who knows if I'll ever be able to see her again. Sure there is Skype and Facebook, but it's not near as a good ol' face-to-face conversation.
That is why I want to go to Germany. To see my best friend. To see a glimpse into her culture, her life, her world. My friend lives in a suburb of Hamburg, one of the largest cities in Europe. It would be a dream come true to go to see her once again. And it would be amazing to see sights like this...
![]() |
| via |
![]() |
| via |
Germany is such a beautiful country, don't you agree? And seeing my best friend again would make me the happiest girl in the world.



Aww, Germany looks so cool! I hope you get to go someday. :D
ReplyDeleteAwww...I hope she comes back or you get to go there. Germany does seem like a gorgeous place, I'd love to go there...'specially since one side of my family is German.<3 Pretty pictures:)
ReplyDeletegermany is amazing! i hope you get to go someday! I suggest going in the winter! summer there is cool but in winter you have all the snow and christmas markets! you can get cool mugs ect... its a really awesome place!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! i'm following you now! haha yeah just thought you should know! :D lol